It has been a rough week. Spencer had his first cold, which resulted in an ear infection. Our little boy is such a happy baby, so we knew something was wrong when he would scream in pain every time we laid him down. Thank goodness for Pediatricians and antibiotics. He is doing much better now, sleeping more and back to laughing. For myself on the other hand I had an interesting weekend. Early Saturday morning, 4:40 am to be precise I woke up to feed Spencer. While holding Spencer I attempted to open a can (the kind with a ready to open pull top) this probably wasn't one of my brightest ideas. I opened the can only to realize I had cut my pinky finger really deeply. I screamed for Brady to wake up as I held a towel around my finder. He jumped out of bed terrified that my scream had to do with Spencer. Needless to say he was relieved my scream was not about Spencer; although, he was very concerned for me. Brady scrambled things together so he could take me to the emergency room. Again I'm so thankful for modern medicine and trained nurses and doctors. I now have 6 stitches in my pinky finger, I will have quite the scar. The worst part of the whole emergency room visit was when they had to numb my finger. They had to do a nerve block, which was very very painful. I'm not one to express my pain out loud, but this was one of those moments when I couldn't hold back. Through all of this I have to remind myself that we are a very blessed family. I have also come to really appreciate each and every one of my healthy fingers.
3 comments:
That sucks. OUCH! I actually cut my finer last week on a can of corn. Not a deep cut... but it still hurt. My sister LeeElle has one of those Can openers that cuts safe smooth edges. (even for those pull top cans.) They're a good investment... especially for you... becuase mommies need to have 10 working fingers to take care of their little one's. Positive spin - At least you'll have a nice story behind the scar! Take care.
P.s. - Come visit my blog every once in a while! Goober!
I'm so sorry about your finger! I'm so glad that everything is better now though! Ugh- I hate it when my friends have to go through such hard things! I love you lots! :)
Post a Comment