BABY BLUES BY RICK KIRKMAN & JERRY SCOTT
“Sick germs” must love our home because they just won’t leave. I’ve done everything possible to be inhospitable to said germs, but apparently I’m not getting through to them. Spencer and Abigail have been taking turns being sick for weeks now. This week it’s both Spencer and Abigail who are sick, but with two different illnesses I might add. Yesterday, Spencer woke up with a temperature of 103.5 degrees. He sat on a comfy rocking chair and watched movies, all day. Spencer never just sits around, even when he is sick. I knew something was very wrong when it was 10:00am and he was still in the same spot he sat in at 7:00am, plus he was complaining about being very cold.
My days consist of: wearing nothing but grungy clothes, cleaning up vomit, wiping stuffy noses, doing loads and loads of laundry, cleaning and scrubbing everything, and comforting sick children. At least I gave myself a mani-pedi last night; I needed some way of feeling somewhat pampered and a way to feel pretty among the filth. We are beyond ready for warmer weather and lots of sunshine, and we are especially ready for these germs to leave once and for all.
“I will get better momma, I promise”—Spencer

No comments:
Post a Comment