Monday, April 7, 2008

178th Annual General Conference

We had a wonderful weekend full of family and chances to be spiritually edified. My family drove up from California to attend General Conference with us. We all trekked up to Salt Lake for the Saturday sessions. Brady and I were able to attend the Saturday afternoon session while Elise, James, and Bijan (Elise's boyfriend) babysat Spencer. They loved spending that quality time with their nephew. We adore Spencer and cherish every moment with him; nevertheless, we also enjoy a little break every now and then. Side note: there is something very special about our little guy, Brady and I just can’t get enough of him. For example, we often tip toe into his room while he is sleeping just to sneak a peak at the blessing that entered our lives 8 months ago.

I enjoyed conference immensely. It created a perfect opportunity to reflect upon my life and where I stand at this particular moment in time. I particularly enjoyed Elder Ballard’s talk directed towards young mothers. I felt that this talk was directed towards me in a very personal way. I needed to hear every precious word that left his mouth. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for modern revelation. Being a mother is one of the most rewarding experiences. I treasure this calling of motherhood and value the relationships I can build with this calling. However, the role of being a mother is very demanding and can be overwhelming at times. This talk really lifted my spirits and gave me the boost of confidence I needed to continue living strong.

Side note: the pictures you see are a few picture I took while we walked around Temple Square, it was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

How fun that your family came up! I loved General Conference as well. I also particularly found Elder Ballard's taught applicable for me as I am about to become a new young mother. It always helps to have some perspective. I also appreciated President Monson's comments to husbands regarding appreciating their wives and wives appreciating husbands. I am very grateful to have the Gospel and for General Conference that we have twice a year to help put things in proper view and redirect us.

Erin said...

Hi Megan! You've been tagged in a blogger chain. Look at my blog for more information http://erinnateandklayte.blogspot.com